Friday, December 17, 2010

LGBT Reading Challenge

Brighton Blogger is co-ordinating a couple of reading challenges at her Book After Book blog. I've signed up for both of them! The first one is the LGBT Reading Challenge. The challenge is to read any number of LGBT books in the calendar year 2011. There are prizes each month!

What qualifies as LGBT reading? Brighton Blogger will accept reviews of books whose author, topic and/or whose characters (even minor ones) is/are lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender. Fiction and non-fiction titles are equally accepted.

If you feel like joining in you can find out more here.

I will read at least two LGBT books next year and will post the reviews on this blog.

2 comments:

Sandy's witterings said...

Finding books for an LGBT challenge wouldn't be such problem but when I think back on my reading and try to see how many books I've read that are based in Italy exclusively - after a couple of books of Don Camilo short stories and 1, maybe even two, of Spike Milligan's little books of war memoirs, I can't think of any more.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Sandy - for books set in italy try Alessandro Barrico, Italo Calvino, Peter Adomson's The Tuscan Master (one of my favourite ever novels) Umberto Eco, The Leopard (whose author escapes me at the moment). There are many.... Maybe I'll do a blog post on that before i actually start the challenge...